The majority of our rescues are howler monkeys that have been electrocuted. Most of the time, they suffer from gruesome wounds that are usually fatal. This is the story of Daniela – a howler who was knocked unconscious when she was electrocuted, but was otherwise unharmed!!! We were very pleased to find that she had no injuries and that the wires she touched were only low voltage. A miracle! We kept her under observation for a few weeks and gave her lots of food to make her stronger while we made sure she didn’t have any internal injuries. Daniela was released in a remote location, far from humans and dangerous power lines. Every once in a while we get an easy case…and since most of our current 46 howler patients are fighting for their lives, we thought we’d celebrate this easy victory with a short video.